What catches your attention?

Good ideas, great designs, innovative solutions --
Poplars - watercolor on canvas by K. Johnson

Here's an example of something I've been waiting for:
the ability to paint a watercolor on canvas (so I don't
have to frame it!).  A 'watercolor ground' is painted
on the canvas so that watercolor can be absorbed into
the surface.  When the piece is done, it can be 
varnished to protect and preserve.  
Voila!  No frame.

Great hat design
Dayna Cloche by W. Wichern 

Wayne Wichern used to live in the Seattle area and
taught many of the local milliners.  His hats are unique
works of art.  You can see more of his work here:

Fun textile designs


Amy Butler designs fun fabrics, wallpapers and other
products.  As a former textile designer myself, 
I appreciate her sense of design.
Check out her stuff:  Amy Butler Design


Cast stone garden art
Seattle artist, Linda Thorson, sculpts and casts art for the garden.
Trained as a landscape architect, this suits her to a tee.  Her imagery
and earthy colors remind me of William Morris designs from the 1800s.
To see more of her work: Linda Thorson Design

Comments