Settling into a new home in southern Oregon since early June has been time consuming, tiring and wonderful (in spite of a very obnoxious bout of bronchitis in the middle of the summer heat wave and forest fire smoke)!
It has definitely meant painting has been put on hold for awhile as I got settled. One big house project has been creating a landscape - this home had practically no garden. As I write this, there is a crew installing flagstone paths and stone walls to shore up a sloping piece of property.
Getting back to painting: I'm currently working on a commissioned piece that is huge by watercolor standards: 41" H x 44" W. So big, in fact, that I have to paint it on a surface larger than my art table. Either an easel or the dining table. Definitely kind of awkward. Here's a peek:
Autumn is beautiful here in Jacksonville - with a dry, cold climate, the leaves are brilliant yellow and red. My favorite season of the year!


Comments